Note: We are open again, and we ask everyone to adhere to the new house rules.
Loevestein is spacious with its large fortress, which makes it possible to keep a distance of one and a half meters. The rules below ensure that everyone can visit the museum in a pleasant and safe way. We ask you to read these rules before your visit. During your visit it is important to follow the instructions of our staff. At the bottom of this page you will also find our corona protocol as a PDF file (Dutch only).
We wish you a pleasant and safe visit. And please note: do not come to the museum if you suffer from health problems!
- Tickets are only sold online. You must also reserve a time block (even as a museum card holder or if you have a discount card or free ticket); a limited number of tickets per hour is available. This way remain below the permitted visitor numbers per square meter. This way we know for sure that there are never too many people in the building.
- You reserve a timeslot ticket for your arrival, after entering you can stay till closing time.
- Due to the online ticket sales, the tickets only need to be scanned. Have your ticket scanned through the plexiglass walls at the counters, so there is no physical contact with our employees.
- Do you have any questions about booking a time block or buying an online ticket? We have listed the most frequently asked questions: go to the corona FAQ.
Within the fortress and in the castle
- A visit to Loevestein, the fortress and / or the catering terrace, is only possible with an online time block and a valid admission ticket.
- In the fortress, in the castle or when eating sweets, stick to the guidelines:
- Always keep 1.5 meters away from others
- Avoid grouping
- Wash or disinfect your hands regularly
- Surfaces such as banisters, doorknobs, but also toilets and counters are regularly disinfected. Plexiglass screens have been installed at the counters. Disinfection points are available for visitors and employees.
- There is a fixed walking route through the museum, so that no intersecting visitor flows arise.
- The maximum number of visitors is stated on the information column in each room. Avoid traffic jams and wait in the doorway or walk smoothly to the next room.
- Catering is to take away: order at the counter and take your order outside.
- You can use the terrace or the picnic benches in the fortress.
- Please note: all terraces are furnished in accordance with the RIVM guidelines. Therefore, please leave tables and chairs where they are.
Corona protocol in pdf-file (in Dutch – only FAQ in English for now)